Friday, January 6, 2012

An Unexpected Friendship

{My daughter at 1 week old, being held by myself and her dad.}
{text conversation with my daughter's dad}

Me: I ask Addi, "what do you want to do tomorrow?" She usually says "Go Robin's." {that is her sitter} but tonight she said, "Go Daddy's"
Him: Lol. That's my girl! You are doing a great job raising her. Makes me happy.
Me: Thank you. She is the greatest gift anyone could give me, so thank you.
Him: At least I did something right. Lol.
Me: Haha. Maybe we weren't meant to be together but she was definitely meant to be with us. See.... our crazy relationship was all worth it. (:
Him: You're right! Well said.
This conversation made me tear up a little. I am so proud of us that we are finally getting to this point. All I have ever wanted was to raise my daughter with her dad. At first, I thought we had to be together to do it. When that wasn't an option, I had a hard time accepting that we would raise her in-- what I thought at the time was-- a broken family. Now, I couldn't be happier to be raising her, with her dad, in our own homes. She will have a 'bonus mom/dad' someday {I don't like the term 'step'}. And she is going to have siblings. She will spend some holidays with me & some with her dad. We will do things separately and somethings together. But most importantly, my daughter will be loved from all of her family... no matter how we grow.
xoxo,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment