Wednesday, January 25, 2012

6 Months

When I went to Jr. Prom, I didn't pay much attention to the boy you was in the front and center of the picture. In fact, I didn't know who he was. Who would've thought 10 years later, I would be falling for that man.
{How we met... again.} It had been a year since I had been single. I had really learned to love my independence and time with my daughter. I had just started my new job as the Athletic Club Manager and I really didn't have time for a social life. I was content and happy. A mutual friend of ours kept inviting me to come hang out so finally I gave in. They were actually hanging out at his house. I walked in to a group of all guys {I seem to make friends with guys easily}. I made it clear to the person that had invited me that I did not want to be 'hooked up' with anyone & I just wanted to be treated like, "one of the guys." He was sitting across from me. I noticed him but I didn't think much into it. After chatting for awhile, he asked if I had dated someone in high school. I said yes. He than said, "I knew I recognized you. We were in the same prom group." I can barely remember yesterday, let alone a my Jr. Prom I went to 10 years ago!
I returned to hang with those guys for a few weekends. I would notice if he wasn't there but I still had no intentions of wanting to date anyone. When he was there, we would chit chat. I knew his brother so one day, I thought of a lame excuse, which I can't remember, to ask for his phone number. I ended up texting him one day and he text back. :) It was that 'twitter patted, can't stop smiling,' feeling. I felt like a teenager again!
{Smooches} A little over a month into it, we were hanging out one night with everyone. I decided it was getting late so I got up to go. He decided to walk me out this night. It was like high school all over again. The lame filler talk.... both a little nervous... and than fIrEwoRkS! We had our first kiss!
{First Date} Well, I guess you can say the kiss confirmed we were into each other, so the next day he called and asked if I wanted to go out with him the following weekend. We went to a movie and dinner, {I know... typical} but let's keep in mind I had not been on a date in years! It was so nice to go out and be treated like a lady.
{To be continued...} Who knows where this relationship will go. In the past, I would live for the future and dream of the wedding. Now? I am just enjoying dating my best buddy. He treats me so good. He loves my daughter. And we just get each other. I can be myself around him. He tells me I am pretty without makeup and when I get a little bitchy, he just lets me be and laughs at me later. He is patient, kind and caring. I guess you can say I am falling in love.
Okay, maybe I fell already.
xoxo,
Alex
{07.25.2011}

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I know how you feel. That is how I feel with Long Rock. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete