Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Im Stuck in Between 2011 & 2012



It is day 3 into the new year & I have yet to write down my goals. I have subconsciously been avoiding it. I feel like once they are written, they are set in stone. It is either accomplish each goal or fail (I fear failure). So I have been thinking about why I have not been able to achieve some of my goals lately & this is what I have come to:
I am an "all or nothing" girl. I am either 100% or 0%. If I want to lose weight, I need to do a crazy diet & exercise daily or not do anything at all. If I want to keep a clean home, I need to scrub all day, everyday, or my house will be considered a mess. You catch my drift? What I have realized is I HAVE A HARD TIME BALANCING MY LIFE. AHHHH! I need to find a happy medium.
Also, I am the best at setting a goal! But one mistake I have made in the past is I have not implemented a plan into how I would achieve these goals. I came across this saying today and it has been on my mind:
A goal without a plan is just a wish.
This makes complete sense! I have been setting goals for years, 'wishing' they would come true, without making a plan.
So 2012, it is all about balancing my life & planning how I will achieve my goals. I will also work on setting attainable goals. Baby steps.
I feel a sense of relief & I think I am ready to set this goals and get 2012 rolling.
xoxo,
Alex
Ps. Goals to come in the next post. (:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,
    Hope you don't mind me following your blog! <3 I recently started blogging and love it! I can totally relate to you. I am a all or noting kinda girl and most of the time I have other people to worry about than myself.

    Last night Colby had a little motivational talk asking me how bad do I really want it? If I really wanted it I wouldn't allow it not to happen. It really got me thinking... Will I really allow my fear to keep me scared and stuck in the same situation?

    Good luck on losing weight and keeping your home organized! I know you can do it!! Lets do it together <3!!! Cute blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eden! Blogging is a good outlet for me & seems to keep me motivated. What is your blog? I want to follow. :)

    ReplyDelete