Sunday, September 19, 2010

Unplanned little life


I remember back in high school talking to my friends about our future. Where would we be in 10 years? I think my prediction was I would have been married for a few years, with two kids, maybe one on the way. A full time mom, maybe working part time. Living the white picket fence life with a home, nice cars and enjoying my big happy family!

Well, it is ten years later and here is what my reality is: single mom, college graduate, working full time at a golf course, living in a two bedroom condo, working pay check to pay check, spending most nights taking care of my little one and taking care of our home.

This was not the life I had planned but I wouldn't change a thing! This is my life. My happy little life. These are years I will look back on and tell Addi all about. I will tell her how we lived in the basement of her Papa and Grandma's house for her first year; sharing a small room with all our belongings in it. I will tell her how I dragged her to school with me during my senior year of college, spending hours in the library. I will tell her how I decided to work full time so I could afford our own home, sometimes taking her to work with me. I will tell her how she would fall asleep on the couch at night while I folded laundry and how I would carry her into my bed at night because I wanted to snuggle. I will tell her that no matter how bad my day was, no matter what challenges came my way, that being with her at night made everything okay. I will tell her that my life was incomplete without her and THESE were the best years of my life.

I love my unplanned little life.

xoxo, Alex

1 comment:

  1. I agree girl! I never thought I would be where i am right now, and have gone through the things I have gone through. The one thing that pulls me through though are my kids and having them makes everything worth it!

    ReplyDelete