Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Inside & Out

I am constantly trying to work on my self... from the inside and out and I realized the other day just how much I was lacking working on the outside. I was house sitting over Thanksgiving weekend and there was a scale in the bathroom. I thought, "What the heck!" I jumped on, knowing I had let myself go a little bit. But to my surprise, I was about 20 pounds heavier than I THOUGHT I was. (I thought I was 25 pounds overweight already) So, do the math..... I AM 45 POUNDS OVERWEIGHT!!!!! This is NOT me. Lets take a roll down memory lane.

Five years ago, I was in the best shape I have ever been in! Going to the gym every morning at 5:30am & doing 2 hour workouts. I was even considering doing a fitness competition at the time. Well, life happened and I started dating someone. Instead of wanting to go to bed at 10:00pm so I could wake up at 5:00am, I was now wanting to stay up late. Slowly but surely, I quit going to the gym, I got comfortable in a relationship and a few years later, I found myself at the SAME weight I am now! I was this weight when I found out I was pregnant. Knowing I was considered 'overweight' already, throughout my pregnancy I was very cautious about my weight gain. I only gained 13 POUNDS during my pregnancy! Soon after I had Addi, I lost 30 pounds and was on a path to what I thought was going to lead to my old fit body! Well, life happened again. This time, it came in the form of a heart wrenching break up, my senior year in college; all while being a single mom.

So, what is the present? I am a single mom, working 25-35 hours a week, (still looking for a steady full time job) at the end of my personal training certification, and 45 pounds overweight. Do I just see what life hands me next or do I take control and and tell life that we are hitting a treadmill and giving up midnight snacks?

So, here goes... something I thought I would never actually put on a public blog.

176 pound body.... you did this to yourself and you will work yourself back to a healthier and happier you!

xoxo, Alex

1 comment:

  1. I need to lose about 20 lbs!!!! Having kids ruins your body, and trust me the fourth kid might have done me in! I thought about taking a before pic in a bikini and posting it on my blog and not taking it down till I lose the weight....public humiliation might be the best motivation

    ReplyDelete