Friday, January 7, 2011

EnJoY tHe rIdE


{Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise.} -a quote from the show 24

This year, I didn't rush to set my new goals for 2011. I lived the first week of it, really got a feel of what I wanted, who I wanted to become and now I am ready to set those goals. 2011 is all about ENJOYING THE RIDE. I was spending time with my brother, sister and niece this week and I really needed to get home to clean and my brother said, "Oh, just hang out with us." So many times in my life do I put my work in front of my life. I clean and organize and plan and prepare. That is my life. I am always preparing for the future. But what about right now. This day, this hour, this minute this second.. what about right now? Life isn't the past or the future. Life is right now. My theme for the year is to ENJOY THE RIDE. Enjoy every moment and everyday. Enjoy life! Don't dwell in the past and what would've been. Don't live for the future and what could be. ENJOY RIGHT NOW, THIS SECOND.

{I am willing and able so I throw my cards on the table.}-Bob Marley

My past has molded me for the person I am now. Even this past week has been a great learning experience. I was blessed enough to have people show me their true colors so I know what I want to stay away from this year. I was able to step out of my reality and look from the outside in and decide who I really want to be. So here goes, here is my 2011. Enjoy the ride!

2011

Enjoy the Ride

Spiritual

{"...hold fast to the principles of the gospel, that you will study them and love them."}

Pray daily*Study scriptures always*Attend church*Pay tithing*Write in journal(blog)*Create a blessing jar for Addi

Physical

{"...beautiful, strong body and intelligent mind."}

Exercise 5x weekly*Eat a healthy diet*Quit biting fingernails

Financial

{"...keep far from burdensome debt...pay your tithing."

Pay of all credit card debt*Start paying off student loan (1/4)*Add to savings*Pay tithing

School/Career

{"...be strong and determined to get learning-get instruction and be of great service."

Continue Community Health education*Get certified as a personal trainer*Start GRE*Have a full time and reliable job

Intellectual/Artistic

{"...live a balanced life of hard work and play."

Read 12 books*Learn guitar*Keep up-to-date with current events*Learn how to sew*Learn about a new culture

Don't Forget the Little Things

{"...for they are the sure way to happiness and joy and productivity."

Be prompt to everything*Stay organized at all times*Volunteer*Secret nice monthly deed

Be a better friend, coworker, sister daughter, granddaughter, cousin, niece, citizen, auntie and most importantly, MAMA!


{"You will make a fine impression on many people in this world- an impression that will help them live happy also."}

xoxo, Alex

{Quotes and motivation for my 2011 goals were from a blessing that was given to me.}


1 comment:

  1. youll do awesome Alex! Sewing isnt hard and I found it to be very relaxing and stress reducing (weird i know)....good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete