Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Faith


{Matthew 9: 22} ...Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.

I have come to realize that I can't do this thing we call life on my own. I am learning to rely a lot on God, through the good and the bad. I would not consider myself religious but I am very spiritual. When I need comfort or answers, I turn to prayer or scripture, being the Bible and the Book of Mormon. I also have felt blessed as I have paid tithing but as times get hard, putting a check in an envelope for tithing, knowing that the amount could pay a bill or two, can be trying at times. This morning was one of those times where I was feeling anxious about things so I decided to read some scriptures and say a prayer for inspiration and/or comfort.

Since I graduated, I have had a hard time finding work. I have had part time jobs but nothing full time. I have been able to make ends meet but since I just lost one of my part time jobs, I am getting a little bit nervous. I recently applied for 2 jobs that would really job start my career and would allow me to support myself and my daughter. The applications have been turned in so now it is just a waiting game. With this economy, I know there is a lot of competition for jobs and I guess you can say, I am not feeling very confident. I do feel very qualified, maybe overly qualified, but with politics and other factors, I know that doesn't always mean anything.

As feelings of anxiousness consumed me this morning, I opened up my scriptures, in hopes of inspiration. I was just skimming pages, reading highlighted lines. I opened it up to Matthew 9:25 and read, "...Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole." I read that over a few times and started skimming other pages. I happened to turn to the Book of Mormon next.

{Ether 12:6} And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of faith.

I was inspired. I was comforted. I need to have more faith in situations and know that if I am relying on God full heartedly, things will work out the way they are supposed to.

xoxo, Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment