Friday, December 31, 2010

Letting go of tears

{sigh} This week has been very emotional. It seems sometimes when I am really trying to do good and put positive energy out into the universe, I find myself jumping hoops and trying to stay afloat. It is the end of the week and the end of the year and I thought I would take sometime to contemplate this past week so as I jump into 2011, I can either be prepared for these hoops or avoid them all together.

{character} One thing my Dad really instilled in me as I was growing up was the value of my character. Integrity is a word he taught me not to use lightly. So this past week when my character was tested and I was told by others that I was selfish, a liar, only thinking of myself.... I was surprised and a little hurt. I pride myself with my character and although I am not perfect, I try to be the best person I can be. One thing that is amazing about this world is that we all see life through our own goggles. No one will ever know how I see things and to me, that makes me feel special. So, when I was called these words, I really tried to look at it from their perspective. And as much as I tried to really understand, those words that were used against me were never justified. The words stung a little but at the end of the day, it gave me time to really think about who I am, who I want to be and how I am going to get there.

{energy} I am a true believer that what ever you put out into the world, it will come right back to you. I think this week was surrounded by negative energy and it did tug at my soul. So, this is me letting go of the tears. I will send them into the sky and down to the ground. It is okay to cry but I think each tear is to give us strength. I am ready to put this not so happy week behind me and walk away a stronger woman.

xoxo, Alex


No comments:

Post a Comment